Friday 28 December 2012

18-Wheel Killers

Over this holiday season there have been many accidents involving death. Many accidents involve tractor trailers and you can imagine, that what they hit, rarely survives. I travel the 400 series highways regularly and go to many accidents on my job. These 18-wheel killing machines are often involved and two things are constant. The tractor driver lives and the automobile driver dies. I can't say what happened and whose fault it is, but in my travels I see many of these so called professional drivers performing driving techniques that should be saved for games on computer and X-box. Tractor trailer drivers used to have a code of driving ethics. They would only use the center lane for passing, they would never cut off cars or travel too close behind other vehicles. I can see with the new breed of drivers that this has been thrown out the window. I see race car type maneuvers when changing lanes, loaded trucks that are a car length behind other cars, and truckers that travel the center lane impeding traffic throughout their journey. If you took a look at the percentage of accidents that involve trucks it would blow your mind. Another tidbit of info is that truckers are supposed to be governed for speed in Ontario. Well, I guess it must be set at 120km/hr because most of them are traveling past me going to Toronto.
I mean I'm really...
Just Saying   

No comments:

Post a Comment