Saturday 22 December 2012

Acceptable Losses

Did you know that 7% of people that go for patient care are subject to malpractice or as the medical profession calls it, an adverse event? That's a whopping 24,000 patients. There has always been a standing joke that out of each graduating class from med school, there is someone that had the worst mark. I wonder just how much protection is given to those doctors that are subject to malpractice? I have had friends that have had, in my humble opinion, surgeries that don't work out quite right. I know that every surgery is different and people respond differently, but the 7% fact does prove that we have practitioners out there that should be suspended and stripped of their license. You would hope that the College of Physicians & Surgeons would keep close tabs on these doctors and get them out if need be. Somehow I think that they slip through the cracks and keep practicing. I hope all of you out there get the top of the class and never have a problem.
I mean I'm really...
Just Saying

No comments:

Post a Comment