Thursday 20 December 2012

NHL- Negotiation's Hit Little-people

What about the little people? This NHL strike must hit the small businesses and workers hard this season. I don't understand all the sticking points, but I am intelligent enough to see that both sides are takers. I won't focus on the owners in this blog because their leader should be one of the seven dwarfs, Grumpy! All he has done in his business career is cause havoc.
I want to concentrate on the players. The average salary in the NHL is $2.4 million, with the base salary at $875,000. OK, I'm getting jealous. The average number of seasons they last as a player is 5 years. You can see where I'm going. I think all of us who work at least 30 years and make on average  $46,000/yr can see an incredible difference. If you do the math you see that this is another sector of society that defines gluttony. What about all the workers that rely on the NHL season to make ends meet? Do they get something back from this multimillion dollar negotiation? Does the fan pay any less for tickets? I think you know the answer. It again hits the lower income people struggling to survive this economic turn. Eat your filet Mignon boys, we'll stick to spam.
I mean I'm really...
Just Saying

No comments:

Post a Comment