Monday 26 November 2012

Pride & Prejudice

In my job, I get to see how many people live. You would think families that have very little would allocate their finances to the necessities of life. Yeah right! I guess what I consider necessary has changed over the years. Big screen TV's, top of the line stereo systems, BMW's, Smart phones. I guess proper food and clothing is secondary these days. These same families have apartments that have been hit by a tornado. Children running around in animal feces, dirty clothes on their back and mom dressed to the nines going out to party for the evening. These same families are lined up at the food bank expecting other generous people to supply them with what I consider essentials. I really hope these are the few. I do see the reverse on occasion. In one instance, in a low income complex, I entered an apartment that renewed my faith. The family was obviously struggling but the place was immaculate and the residents were polite and thankful for what they had - no big screen TV's or stereo systems! I told the mother that her place looked great and it was a pleasure to see such pride in a home. She beamed and thanked us for our help.
I mean I'm really...
Just Saying    

No comments:

Post a Comment