Wednesday 21 November 2012

Toys, Not Just for Boys!

In today's depressed economy, I still wonder how the Jones's are keeping up. I see more toys around then ever. I must confess though, that I also see a lot  for sale at the end of driveways. Occasionally I look at old photos from my past. A living room pretty bare. One couch, a small black and white TV, one radio and a splash of not much. Did we suffer? Well, we were outside in the park building forts or in the swamp catching pollywogs, frogs and turtles. Yes, outside without a motorized vehicle or an electronic device stuck in your ear. We were a middle income family with one car, a small house and all that we needed for fun and adventure in a child's life. We were outside from dawn to dusk and more. How many kids in the neighbourhood do you see outside now? Look at your house and see how many TV's, computers and i's that you have. I don't know about you, but I remember the small things in life- The walk in the woods with your loved ones, the picnic in the park, the cold toboggan ride down the neighbourhood hill.
I mean I'm really...
Just Saying


No comments:

Post a Comment