Tuesday 19 February 2013

Things Happen

I have seen and heard media coverage about the Carnival cruise ship and how people dealt with the situation. Some good stories and some bad. What I had a hard time with was the attitudes of some passengers after the ordeal. I know Americans are quite used to suing everyone, but let's cut some slack. I haven't heard and don't think there was any negligence on the part of the owners, so why sue? It was something that happened, and this time they want to compensate the passengers reasonably. Full reimbursement, a free trip and $500. I thought this was quite generous based on what happened in the past. We are all accountable for our actions, but one would hope that people would have a realization that accidents happen and if no malice or negligence was involved, that an understanding would be part of the thought process. I have been through a few horror stories without any compensation, so I hope that people accept the accident and compensation and move on.
I mean I'm really...
Just Saying  

No comments:

Post a Comment