Monday 21 January 2013

Age Is A Number

As I get older, I start seeing changes in friends, family, and associates. Many people start sliding into the frump zone. By frump zone, I mean people start regulating how they should be acting, how they should dress, how they should think, the list goes on, based on their age. I have never been one to try and act any particular age, just the age I feel on the day. I have friends that were totally different people 15 years ago. They were dynamic thinkers, dressed more up to date, took off on a whim, and it was hard to tell their age. Now they are letting society norms, frump them into stagnation. They wear frumpy conservative clothes, they stay at home more, they think conservatively. I mean it's fine to be this way, but I think they have been forced there. Why should you limit your expression based on age? I know our bodies tell us to slow down a bit, but don't let society do it. My wife and I have a friend who is in her late 80's. She is a going concern and you would never guess her age. Yes, she has limitations some days, but then the next day comes, and off she goes. Can you imagine zip-lining down south in your 80's? I hope you can, because that is what I'm striving for. I think people who live life as to how they feel, rather than age, will be the ones full of joy and happiness. Don't let the frump zone get you. Go out and get that funky dress or suit. Get outside and enjoy what is available to you. Think wild thoughts and follow through with some of them.
I mean I'm really...
Just Saying     

No comments:

Post a Comment