Wednesday 2 January 2013

Button Pressing

During the holiday season I'll bet you contacted a lot of family and friends to wish them the best for the new year. Any regrets? It seems that certain people, and it's usually the ones close to you, that like to push that button in you that sends you into a tail spin. What is it with people? Why does this person have such control over your mood and aggression?  I don't have the answer, but I do know that they are usually not very happy. Why else would they attack an area that gets a negative response? I think this is why I only contact or communicate with people that are positive and happy. They always make you smile and laugh and you want to talk to them again. If you can find friends like this, keep them. If you have family members like this, you are very lucky. I happen to be lucky. The phrase you can choose your friends but not your family is quite true. I didn't get to choose my family, but for the most part they are positive, encouraging, and try to limit the button pressing. I wish I could say the same for my wife's. We both try to live life fully and offer limited advice, and only when asked. We stay simple and grounded and try to listen rather than over-talk. Why would you want your buttons pressed? Treat other people the way you want to be treated and they may just want to talk to you more and be your friend or close family member.
I mean I'm really...
Just Saying

No comments:

Post a Comment