Saturday 12 January 2013

On Thin Ice

Every year you have the same 'rednecks' getting caught on thin ice. How many different information mediums does it take to get these people off? From police broadcasts to news media throughout the ice fishing season, the constant stipulation that the ice is not suitable to go out and fish, falls on deaf ears. Than Billy Bob gets it in his head, "that doesn't mean me". Out he goes with friends with his car or snowmobile to his favorite spot and plunk, they're in the frigid water only to be saved, if lucky, by those rescue personnel putting their own lives on the line to save 'Dumb and Dumber'. It always reminds me of the first line of many jokes. How many ... and in this case, how many ice fishermen does it take to ignore that the ice is too thin? Apparently, many of them. I remember being in the States many years ago around the March time period. Many people asked me if I lived in VR land, the TV station in Barrie at that time. The news had traveled to many places in the States about a large group of ice fishermen being caught on an ice flow and having to be rescued by helicopter. How embarrassing! I am sure it will happen this year as well. I hope they are given a bill for the trouble and danger they put other people in.
I mean I'm really...
Just Saying   

No comments:

Post a Comment