Thursday 10 January 2013

One Ringy Dingy

You can see people reacting to their cell phone when it rings or vibrates, without even thinking. This reaction has extended into stores and businesses. Here I am, standing in front of the cashier at a clothing store ready to buy. The phone rings and the salesperson answers it on the first ring. I wait for about 2 minutes and then, when she hangs up, I ask her, "who is the sure sale here?" Is it the person on the phone or the one standing in front of her. I was tempted to walk away without buying anything to prove my point, but I think she got it. She apologized, but this was not the first time I have seen this. People feel compelled to answer the phone before anything else. Even drivers on the road and you can tell what is going on because of the erratic driving or brake lights going on for no reason. It has been a compulsion and most people don't even realize it. I gave up my cell phone years ago. I know they have their place, but put it away occasionally. You will see just how much you are missing without the interruption of a ringy- dingy.
I mean I'm really...
Just Saying

No comments:

Post a Comment