Thursday 17 January 2013

Pub Crawl

In Ireland the population sits at around 6 million people and the number of pubs sits at around 8,500. Do a little math and we have one pub for every 700 people. Now let's say half of those are under age, so we have one pub for every 350 people. I am part Irish and I know the culture and social gathering spot is your local pub. They are supported by the neighborhood and have a great ambiance. I have a hard time imagining that many drinking spots in the metro Toronto area. We are having so many problems with drinking and driving. I think neighborhood pubs might help out with the problem. With hard times and stress galore, people will resort to temporary fixes; one of them being drinking. I don't condemm it nor do I condone over drinking. I do understand it. I love a social drink or a nice bottle of wine at home. I try not to over indulge and don't drink and drive. Maybe a neighborhood pub would be a nice addition to any city/town's neighborhood landscape. Please don't drink and drive.
I mean I'm really...
Just Saying

No comments:

Post a Comment