Wednesday 9 January 2013

Kick Him, He's Still Down

I feel bad for Lance Armstrong. It brings back memories of Ben Johnson. When the media want you, they will get you. Don't get me wrong, Lance is his own worst enemy. He's a chirp-er and a very arrogant 'fella'. I guess you get that way when society holds you at a level far greater than you can handle. Lance has been stripped of almost all he has achieved over his incredible career. He, as well as Ben, will be remembered in my mind as two of the greatest ever. I have competed at high levels in sports most of my adult life. If you think you can get to this level without help, you should visit Fantasy Island. I believe in an even playing field and some years it is out of balance. The best chemist wins when it comes to competing at this level. The machines they use to determine illegal substances are not intelligent. The machine has to be told what to look for, so if the drug has not been identified before, it can't look for it. Stay one step ahead of the machine and your chemist and athlete has the advantage. Lance had no choice but to use drugs. To be at that level and stay there, you have to. I don't know how long this crucifixion will last, but you have to feel bad. The guy has been bled out pretty good. I don't think that the machines will be able to keep up with new performance enhancing drugs, but they are getting better. Will we stop their use? No, so don't be too judgmental. Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone.
I mean I'm really...
Just Saying      

No comments:

Post a Comment